Sunday, June 19, 2011

Main Street Delicatessen

On Friday night Rachel, my roommates, and I were driving my car home from a historic homes tour near my house in Provo. We were just a couple blocks from home when we heard a loud noise and realized that a tire had exploded on the car, damaging part of the car’s body. We were all in disbelief and I was pretty frustrated. The next morning I got a couple new tires on the car and ordered a new body panel. I decided to try and fix the one that got damaged as well, and after a bit of work I got the thing looking halfway decent. With the new treads and somewhat fixed body, I decided that we needed to go to Park City to celebrate.

One of the great things about living in Provo is easy access to mountains and a short ride to Park City. It’s nice to be able to escape to a resort town that feels so different from the rest of Utah. Park City is a small town with maybe 10,000 residents, but it is packed with tourists there to ski, shop at expensive boutiques, and eat at fine restaurants. We came to get hot dogs.

After walking down both sides of Main Street we had very little luck, but did find brats at the Main Street Delicatessen. We ordered a brat, a meatball sandwich (they only had one type of bratwurst), and got some fries. The brat came with sauerkraut and deli mustard inside a hoagie roll. It was a pretty decent dog, but there wasn’t really anything too exciting going on with it. The fries were pretty fantastic though. They were fried to a rich golden color and were very crispy on the outside but soft inside.

We were pretty surprised that we didn’t have better luck finding hot dogs on Main Street, but I suppose few people visit Park City looking for them. Instead you’ll find a mix of mid-range to pricey cafes and restaurants. We enjoyed our visit to Park City, but the bratwurst at Main Street Deli wasn’t the reason why.



Main Street Delicatessen is located at 525 Main Street in Park City, Utah.

Main Street Deli on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poor car! I guess that ended your hot dog adventures, too?

    ReplyDelete